Our motto is, “The Right Solution at the Right Time.” We are an employee-owned business dedicated to partnering with other small businesses to make the best technology choices by using our decades of IT skills and knowledge. Being small and local allows us to deliver quality solutions quickly and at a great value. Our commitment to our client’s success is supported by our ethical business practices and responsiveness. We seek to fill an important niche to the people, small businesses, and non-profits in the South Sound area by delivering trustworthy, high quality technology support and products.
We provide consulting that is primarily oriented toward the small business, and secondarily toward individual customers. Our customers need to make the most of their email services, software solutions, network computing, and shared devices. They also need to make cost-conscious decisions to balance between keeping their business technologically relevant while remaining profitable. We provide knowledgeable technology consulting they can understand and use efficiently to maximize their profits.
IT Consultant – Tier 3
We are looking for amazing people to help us make amazing things happen.
We have a mission to help people and organizations achieve more by partnering with us. We believe in our team, their goals and aspirations, their morals and culture, even their preferred music of choice (often rotating what is played in our shared office space). It is our mission to create a fun and hard-working environment for each member. We feel strongly that this focus gives our customers the best experience when interacting with our team.
We are seeking people to add to our team. Your team is responsible for answering inbound calls from clients spread across the south Puget Sound, and if need be, visit their office to resolve any issues. Your number one priority is to provide excellent customer service to our cherished clients. People don’t call our service desk because they are having a great day; they’re calling because a key piece of technology isn’t working for them, and it’s frustrating. Your job is to keep them happy AND fix their technology problem at the same time.
“How do I know if I’m a good fit for this job?”
It’s simple, really. Be nice. Be friendly. Be smart. Don’t stop until it’s fixed.
- You must have a cheerful personality that will help defuse the situation.
- As a project manager in this role, you will need to be able to work closely, and positively with other team members to delegate tasks and oversee their work.
- You need great listening skills so that you can get a clear reading of the root of the problem (we don’t like fixing symptoms here).
- You need to be able to closely work as a consultant to our clients – providing a solution and delivering a proposal for projects and long-term engagements.
- You need excellent documentation skills so that you can create a case in our ticketing system and clearly communicate the issue in plain language for the customer.
- You need an advanced level of technology skills – this means you probably have at least five years in the IT industry already.
- This level of expertise is going to need to be diverse – from getting VPN network set up, to troubleshooting virtualization, and integrating different technologies to sing together.
- You need to be a sponge. Success depends on your ability to soak up knowledge as you are moving from client to client and technology to technology.
- Your Google skills better be on point. It’s not always about what you know, but how quick you are at finding a solution when you don’t know.
- By the same token, you need to know when to throw in the towel and ask for help from other team members.
- We go onsite to healthcare settings, so a COVID-19 vaccine is required.
“What specific skills should I have?”
- Have worked at an MSP or in a technical support role for at least 3 years.
- Daily experience using a ticketing system and remote management platform.
- Ability to read a PowerShell/batch/other script, articulate what it is doing and modify it for a particular use.
- Ability to diagnose and resolve just about any issue that a Windows PC, Router, or level 3 switch could throw at you.
- Ability to diagnose and resolve just about any core feature of a Windows server.
- Ability to diagnose and resolve just about any issue a 150-user organization would have in a firewall, switch, or access point.
- A solid understanding of group policy, and the ability to create one from scratch and deploy it without “oops” setting in.
- Ability to consult with a client on a solution,
- Working incoming cases, prioritizing by SLA and criticality.
- Escalate with appropriate notes when needed
- Make sure that all assigned tickets are updated at a minimum of every 24 hours
- Constantly update and contribute to client documentation
Why Work Here?
We provide outsourced IT services to businesses with 5 to 300 employees. Our clients often hire us because they have outgrown their “mom and pop” IT provider, and are looking for an organization with solid processes, solid systems, and an even more solid staff behind them.
Benefits & Values
- Company provided Health and Dental coverage.
- Approved educational advancement programs and certifications paid.
- Retirement Account with Employer Match
- Gym Membership
- Training funds & linked salary increases
- Flexible Paid Time Off
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements
- Work occasionally in outdoor environment with potential exposure to adverse weather conditions.
- Required to sit, walk, or stand for extended period of time.
- Occasionally required to stand and reach with arms and hands, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, and or crawl; occasionally required to lift or move up to 49 pounds.
- Significant local travel, possibly accompanied by one or more co-workers.
- Frequently required to perform work in confidence and under pressure for deadlines, while maintaining professional composure, tact, patience, and courtesy at all times.
Note: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the position.
Note: Benefits described in this advertisement are negotiable and do include a level of paid healthcare benefits.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: Salary $50,000 – $59,000 depending on experience and skill set breadth.
- 8-hour shift
- On call
CDC guidelines for COVID-19 are followed.
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Tacoma, WA 98402: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Preferred)
- No relocation assistance offered.
- This is NOT a Remote Position.
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Technical support work: 5 years (Required)
- One location, Tacoma, WA
Tier 1 Help Desk / Dispatch
Responsible for diagnosing, troubleshooting, identifying parts needed, and repairing hardware & software issues on customer’s laptops, desktops, servers, network equipment, smartphones, and tablets. Any candidate will also be expected to upsell basic hardware products to customers when needed to generate revenue for the company and help customers avoid further problems by ensuring the quality and consistency of product and service delivery, while demonstrating outstanding customer service to build relationships, and ensure client satisfaction.
PRIMARY DUTIES (Others As Assigned)
- Monitor incoming email, text, and voicemail messages, phone calls, and alerts.
- Troubleshoot client issues, triage problems, create and assign tickets.
- Greet customers by phone and in-person at our location
- Work with team members to get tasks completed and schedule ticket work.
- Review upcoming schedules for planning work.
- Follow up on completed work.
- Participate in monthly on-call rotation for after-hours monitoring.
WORKING CONDITIONS / PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Required to sit or stand for extended periods of time
- Occasionally required to stand and reach with arms and hands, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, bend, or crawl; occasionally required to lift or move up to 50 pounds
- Frequently required to perform work in confidence and under pressure for deadlines, while maintaining professional composure, tact, patience, and courtesy at all times