How to Back Up Your Company’s Data
How to quickly back up your company’s critical data in Windows 10
Every year, thousands of companies lose critical data, and thousands of dollars, due to hacking, computer failures, and accidents. It’s essential that your company has continued access to the data it relies on most to continue operating smoothly
But issues can arise at anytime and that means backing up your company’s data is critical. Losing data can damage your company’s reputation, halt sales, and might even stop your company’s ascension to the big leagues.
Here’s how you can quickly and simply create a computer backup in 2019!
Windows 10 allows you to create a quick backup of your company files through a great backup tool. You can use a third-party tool if you need extra or very specific features, but the Windows 10 back-up suite is sufficient for most users. For small to mid-sized companies that are looking to back up financial information, ongoing projects, and customer data, Windows 10’s tools will work perfectly.
How can you create a backup system image on Windows 10?
- First, go to your computer’s desktop.
- Next, ask Cortana to open your Control Panel or open it up manually by going to the bottom left of your PC and clicking the window’s button.
- Now search System and Security and click on the top result.
- Select the Backup and Restore option (if it says “Windows 7” that’s fine, as that is the version of windows it was originally developed for)
- Choose the option to Create a System Image
- Upon choosing that option, Windows will present you with two alternatives. You can either choose to save the backup on your hard disk, on a network location or on a DVD. You are free to select whatever option suits your needs. If you want to use a separate drive to create a backup, you can do that, or you can burn all data to a DVD disk. Using a network location is a third option if that better suits your company’s needs.
- After you choose the output location, press Start Backup.
- Now you will have to wait until Windows completes the back up. Windows 10 will automatically ask you if you want to create a system repair disk. This will add the image to a CD or DVD that you can access whenever your system is not booting.
“Issues can arise at anytime: accidents, hacks, and software failures. This means backing up your company’s data is critical. “
Recovering your PC with the system image
If you chose to create a system image, you can recover it simply by going to Settings/Update and Security, then selecting Recovery. In the Advanced Startup section, you can choose Restart Now. After you restarted you can go to Troubleshoot/Advanced Options/System Image Recovery and then you are good to go.
Your business will always benefit from data back up. Your company’s data will be made safe for the long run. All you have to do is to create a proper backup with the Windows 10 solution every few weeks. Keeping your data safe from loss is as simple, fast, and convenient as ever. Then you can easily revert to the backup using the steps mentioned above.
Your company’s data is essential to keeping your company running smoothly. Setting backups up on a regular basis can save your company from costly loss of vital data.
From beefing up your companies security against data stealing hackers, to more guides on what you can do at the office to keep your company running smoothly, checkout the other Tech Masters blog posts!
Want new articles sent right to your inbox?
Subscribe to our IT Security Newsletter.
More Blog Posts
Why You Need a Multilayer FirewallAt first glance the phrase “multilayer firewall” might seem like a clever marketing ploy designed to get you to buy up several kinds of firewalls and use them all on your small business devices. However, not only is this not what this...
Choosing the Best Antivirus Software for Your BusinessNowadays there are an overwhelming amount of antivirus software options to protect your small business. It can be hard to know how to compare them when upgrading your cybersecurity, and it can be tempting to just...
Outsourced IT Services: Choosing the Right ProviderSo you’ve decided to outsource your IT services? Congratulations! You are joining a global market that has invested more than $85 billion dollars in outsourced IT. It is an efficient move that will free up time and...